Monday, October 11, 2010

Sunsets

I am not exactly a poet and I know it. But a beautiful sunset just gets to me, and I

cannot help it. Enjoy my poem, and photos of some of my most favorite sunsets...


Sunset Messages

I look to the setting sun,

when I am lost and missing you.

A masterpiece painted from the sky,

just for me.

It's how you say "I love you too"



When life is seemingly hopeless,

and full of gray,

You give me a sky of warm ambers

dusted with sapphire clouds ,

Telling me that tomorrow is a new day.



When a foolish man

breaks my heart,

In a fiery crimson and violet sky,

You remind me,

This is a fresh start.


Away from home in a foreign land,

I know you are with me

When peeking out from the clouds

are rays from the sun,

Setting over the sea.


Skies rich with color,

brush-stroked clouds gray like stone.

In your sunset messages

you speak to me,

And I no longer feel alone.




Tequila Sunset

-2oz tequila

-1 tsp grenadine

-1/2 of a lime

-pineapple juice


-soda water

  • Fill a rocks glass with ice
  • Add tequila, grenadine and the juice from half a lime
  • Top off with pineapple juice and club soda and give it a quick stir


No comments:

Post a Comment