Saturday, March 12, 2011

Some Wise Words

I am a libra, represented in the zodiac by the scales. I am always seeking equality, always weighing things out, believing that things should be fair and just, speaking up and fighting back when they are not.

When I was growing up, I would always compare what I had to what my brothers had: presents, trips, attention, everything. I always had to weigh it out. Even though my parents did their best to treat and spoil us equally, it wasn't always the case, and every time there was an injustice, I would say to my father, "that's not fair!!!" To which he would reply, every single time "life is not fair, get used to it."

This week I was a victim of something I believe wasn't fair, and couldn't help but be upset and angry at my perceived injustice, until I remembered my father's wise words and was able to move on.... Thanks dad!

Instead of a cocktail, I will leave you with a musical treat: some more wise words my father would sing to me: you can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need.



Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment